Friday, September 24, 2010

Direct flights.



My flight was great. I slept the majority of the flight with small breaks to eat and drink whiskey. I didn’t even check what movies were available on my personal TV. I had a bulkhead seat, which basically means I had more legroom than God. At the beginning of the flight the stewardess told the two Chinese guys beside me something that they didn’t understand. I translated and had a quick conversation with them in Chinese. 13 hours later, as we were getting off the plane, I said ‘zaijian’ (goodbye). They looked at each other and then myself and said: ‘you speak Chinese!?’

I was picked up from the Airport by my boss and his kids. We dropped my stuff off and went straight to Chabad for Sukkot dinner. (Tell my grandparents for me). Yesterday, I woke up and we all went to the nanny’s cousin’s husband’s parents’ farm outside of Beijing to pick fruits and veggies from their organic crops. I swore I would never go to a corn field again after my journey through the Midwest, but it was a great time. The family took us to the nice restaurant in town and of course insisted that I drink two bottles of Baijiu (Chinese rubbing alcohol liquor) while the host goes shot for shot with me (even though he’s drinking beer)

By the time I got back, I was exhausted. I have since slept about 10 hours and have been up since 4 am.
Nothing really eventful or outrageous happened to me yet, but its early in the game. 
Jet lag sucks and I’m hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment